Offered Salary Competitive
VP, Marketing – Paid Advertising
- United States – Remote
- Location: Santa Clara, CA, Kirkland, WA, Tempe, AZ, New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA
*This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you’ll get to do…
The VP of Paid Advertising will lead the GoDaddy media team responsible for reaching our customers and prospects wherever they are and be responsible for driving outsized, profitable growth in our brand and in sales. Already known for executing innovative paid advertising campaigns at scale; you will be the one to take us to the next level. The VP of Paid Advertising will be responsible for designing and implementing paid media strategies in distribution channels across multiple platforms, executing best-in-class media campaigns that amplify our brand and drive sales for our priority audiences, leverage data and insights to drive outsized returns and growth to the business, and leverage and build on opportunities and trends that exist within the media landscape
- Paid Media: Develop and lead the Paid Media practice for USI, effectively using the paid media channel to meet business objectives. The Paid Media practice spans all paid media channels except Search including video, display, social, programmatic, TV, OOH and native advertising. Channel expansion to be expected as the team and subject area grows.
- Cross Channel Campaigns & Media Planning: In partnership with other members of the Marketing team and across teams; develop, plan, activate and optimize paid media campaigns as part of cross channel marketing initiatives. Responsible for ensuring the paid media strategy and tactics align with business and marketing strategy. Ensure activity is executed to achieve performance targets.
- Paid Media Channel Management: Establish and implement standard methodologies driving toward meeting and exceeding benchmarks; specifically ROI metrics. Develop and implement reporting standards and cadence in support of a cross channel rapid test and learn growth marketing practice. Champion and enable a customer centric approach to advertising. Use technology and data to improve performance and streamline operations.
- Paid Media SME: As a specialist in paid advertising, drive thought leadership of paid media within the team and across the enterprise (marketing and non-marketing), based upon:
- Deep working understanding of the digital and traditional media landscape & how to build dynamic plans, in partnership with BU and Creative leaders on how and where to engage prospects and customers.
- An awareness of emerging media and the ability to understand how the emerging media relates (or doesn’t) to GoDaddy’s needs.
- An ability to drive experimentation recommendations that span across channels.
- Media Agencies: Manage existing and identify new agency partners in support of paid channel objectives. Support cross agency coordination efforts as needed to align with the overall marketing strategy.
- Media Vendors: Manage existing and identify new media vendors (i.e. digital publishers and supporting partners) as needed to achieve channel objectives.
- Consult within marketing and beyond on paid media standard methodologies, potential new use cases, future industry enhancements/disruptions and help teams stay up to date on GoDaddy and industry trends.
- Team Management: Develop and lead a robust team of paid media professionals that enable and support paid media channel activation efforts across marketing.
Your experience should include…
- Minimum of 12+ years experience in B2C and B2B Marketing, Advertising or related business function; including people management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field required. Technical degree (engineering, mathematics, statistics, etc) strongly preferred.
- Strategic and technical knowledge of paid advertising channels including paid social, programmatic and direct media buying, video, native, and offline. Experience in Advanced and Connected TV and new social channels is a plus.
- A proven track record of producing campaigns that span across the customer engagement funnel to produce results.
- Subject matter expertise in using paid advertising channels and tactics to achieve campaign performance objectives.
- Experience with a variety of leading media platforms, such as ad servers, DSPs, video, social and native.
- Experience working with data platforms and engineering teams to build integrated views of media intersections with customers on their journeys, and in measuring the effectiveness of executed media at reaching targeted customers at these touchpoints
- Experience executing data science-driven optimizations and in working with data science teams to improve advertising effectiveness
- Media agency management experience; including directing agencies to support planning, activating and optimizing omni-channel paid advertising.
- A proactive, goal oriented team player able to work independently and collectively in a fast paced environment.
- Strong relationship development skills capable of developing, maintaining and growing internal and external strategic relationships across partners and functions.
- A team leader capable of building, leading and growing robust teams.
- Data driven, analytical, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Energetic, passionate, with an appetite to grow.
We’ve got your back… Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us… GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.