Halo helps protect patients from delays to care and clinicians from alert fatigue and burnout by unifying clinical communication workflows across the community on a single platform. The enterprise-wide Halo Platform™ provides secure messaging, VoIP calling, mobilization of critical alerts and an advanced clinical workflow system that includes on-call scheduling.
HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT
At Halo Health, we don’t expect you to fill a role. We give you the opportunity to build your position. We encourage you to share your expertise and learn from your fellow team members in order to deliver solutions that ultimately change the lives of our users. We’re a group of innovators challenging each other every day to create something beautiful and life changing. Our team is transforming healthcare, and we’re excited for you to be a part of it. With our open-minded environment, you’ll quickly find that we encourage fresh ideas, lifelong learning, and teamwork.
We are looking for a proactive and skilled individual to fill a quality assurance engineer position. We need someone forward thinking who is up-to-date on the latest techniques for testing both web, api and mobile (native) platforms. Our environment is fast-paced, highly creative, open-minded, and supportive. Our team passionately builds products that make a difference. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, has a superior work ethic, is technically savvy, and has the ability to work without distractions remotely.
HOW YOU”LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
• Be a strong advocate for all facets of product quality (functional, performance, security, maintainability, etc)
• Construct test strategies to adequately cover requirements, develop high-level test scenarios that implement the strategy, and elaborate scenarios into detailed test cases
• Conduct manual and automated testing of web and mobile (native) products, measure test coverage, compile test metrics and provide test status
• Work closely with developers, architects, product owners and other team members to ensure overall quality of solutions
• Stay current on industry trends and standards; Look for opportunities to improve test execution and delivery
• Must be comfortable representation QA interests in cross-department meetings and brainstorms.
• Participate in our agile process by being an active contributor in daily standups, three-amigos, demonstrations, and retrospectives.
• Provide estimates for the scope of work for both time and required resources needed to perform the testing
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
• Must be proactive, self-directed, passionate, able to work in a fast-paced environment and is not afraid to wear multiple hats
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; or equivalent technical training and experience
• Minimum of three (3) years of software quality assurance experience in all phases of life cycle, including requirements/user story analysis, test planning, estimation, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, and reporting for customer facing web or mobile apps
• Minimum of one (1) year experience using open source testing solutions like Cucumber (Ruby), Selenium Web Driver, Watir, Appium, SoapUI, Postman, or JMeter
• Expert understanding of testing levels, methods and types such as, but not limited to: integration, system, acceptance, smoke, functional, regression, black box, white box and grey box testing.
• Strong technical and analytical mindset with in-depth understanding of how web and mobile application stacks work
• Hands on experience with cross browser compatibility testing of web applications
• Some experience with querying databases
• Strong experience testing web services (REST or SOAP)
• Use of test management and development tools like Zephyr and JIRA.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• A self-starter with initiative to drive projects to conclusion, work on many tasks concurrently and the ability to prioritize their work
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. No employment sponsorship.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Halo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not call or email Halo employees regarding candidates. Halo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Halo for this specific role.