Offered Salary Competitive
Senior UI Engineer
The Senior UI Engineer executes project plans, performs high-level UI development work, and mentors others. The role also requires interaction with internal/external IT teams, providing insight into current capabilities as well as envisioning future state functionality requirements. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, loves learning, and wants to make a positive impact on the team and the product.
- Create web applications using modern front-end frameworks such as React.
- Assist in developing deployment strategies and CI pipelines for frontend projects.
- Write automated unit, integration, and end-to-end tests for frontend projects.
- Advocate and implement development best practices.
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders to create innovative and intuitive interfaces and experiences.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal communications.
- Write technical documentation to capture architecture, processes, policies, procedures, installation and instructions.
- 5+ years work experience in software engineering, building software as part of the team, and participating in the full development life cycle.
- Solve business needs with short-term deliverables, while constantly improving and moving towards long-term architectural goals.
- Strong interest in learning and teaching via books, reading, videos, brown bags, and other sources.
- Contribute to product development roadmap and refinement of frontend architecture.
- Experience with automated frontend testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail (aesthetic and technical).
- Proficiency in Source Control Management tools (Git, Gitlab).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Enhance, refactor, and continuously improve the codebase.
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Ability to prototype technologies to benchmark, analyze, present, and discuss alternatives.
- Experience with frequent and incremental development, testing, and deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field or equivalent work experience.
Perks & Benefits:
- Remote/flexible workspace
- Collaborative work culture
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Equity after one year of employment
- Unlimited PTO