Offered Salary Competitive
Senior Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Remote – USA / CANADA
Our mission at Wrapbook is to increase the prosperity of the project economy. A significant shift has occurred within the workforce recently and 50M Americans are now engaged in freelance or project-based work. The popularity of project based employment has introduced flexibility for both employers and employees but also added complexities from a compensation and administrative standpoint. Our vertical fintech platform enables companies to seamlessly onboard, pay and insure their workforces.
We’re building the best product for the entertainment industry but operate in a 50B market and have big goals we want to achieve. With legacy competition slow to react and over 30M raised from Andreessen Horowitz, Equal Ventures, Uncork Capital, Jeffrey Katzenberg and CAA co-founder Michael Ovitz, we are at an exciting stage of growth and there isn’t a better time to join!
Wrapbook is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails Engineer) who will play a hands-on role in driving our mission to build an outstanding technology company. You will be working as part of a cross-functional team, driving our core features from start to finish.
What you’ll Do:
- Collaborate with other developers, designers and product managers to provide elegant solutions to Wrapbook customer problems
- Break down complex problems and ambiguous requirements into small approachable tasks
- Take ownership of feature delivery from concept to production
- Write performant, scalable, and secure software
- Review and have your code reviewed. Mentoring and learning from other developers
- Ensure code is well-tested and well-architected
- Actively improve our tools, processes and best practices
What you’ll Have:
- You have a strong technical background with at least three years of experience building production web applications
- You understand how to write, analyze and optimize SQL queries (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- You have experience designing and documenting RESTful APIs
- You are customer-focused and like to pay attention to detail and value quality
- You have experience building Ruby on Rails applications and APIs
Our Tech Stack:
- Full stack Ruby on Rails (Frontend & Backend)
Why Join Us:
At Wrapbook, creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts. Benefits include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Stock Options
- 401k and RRSP – Matching up to 4%
- Work from anywhere in Canada and USA
- Health and Dental benefits
- $1500 budget for IT set up for your home (Desk, Chair etc)
- Learning and Development Allowance
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.