Offered Salary Competitive
Senior Revenue Accountant
We’re looking for an outstanding Senior Revenue Accountant to join one of the most unique accounting groups in the world. You will be a part of Automattic’s revenue accounting team helping to navigate the wide range of issues involved in building Automattic’s global, high-growth business.
The Senior Revenue Accountant will:
- Maintain and improve the monthly partner accrual process to ensure timely and accurate revenue recognition.
- Manage cash inflows and outflows from our payment gateways and platforms
- Record SAAS based subscription revenue and advertising revenue/receivables
- Allocate revenue, deferred revenue, and related expense across subsidiaries
- Work closely with our tax team to ensure the proper recording of indirect taxes
- Document process narratives and implementing internal controls
- Collaborate with sales, finance, legal, and other key teams to ensure that contracts and renewals are compliant with accounting guidelines
- Provide input to product teams on new product launches and accounting requirements
- Ensure the team can scale with the business by automation of processes and integration of systems
- Continuously challenge and improve processes and procedures aimed at increased visibility and communication of results, automation, and shorter yet more accurate revenue close cycles
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 4-6 years of combined public accounting and private industry experience.
- You have a CPA or equivalent license
- You have experience in eCommerce and SAAS-based business models.
- Bonus if you also have experience in ad tech, programmatic advertising, and direct advertising campaigns.
- You have worked on complex revenue recognition challenges and have an understanding of ASC 606.
- You have used NetSuite or other equivalent ERPs.
- You have advanced Microsoft Excel skills, SQL knowledge a plus.
- You are a team-oriented professional with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” mindset, who promotes a collaborative team effort and celebrates team successes
- You are comfortable operating independently
- You love a dynamic, fast-growing environment
- You are highly motivated to learn new things and improve your skills
- You have excellent verbal and written skills in English. You strive to communicate as much as possible.
If you have experience with WordPress, software development, coding, open source, or other relevant areas, don’t forget to mention it. Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. You will need to attach a cover letter and rsum. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so make your application stand out.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, please answer the following:
- Tell us about your favorite accounting project or a moment when you felt most energized at work.
- Tell us about the last book you read and why you would or would not recommend it.
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, Day One, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 90+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices.