Offered Salary Competitive
Position: Sr. Editor
Location: Cincinnati OH or US Remote
PatientPoint® is the patient engagement platform for every point of care. Our innovative, tech-enabled solutions create more effective doctor-patient interactions and deliver high value for patients, providers, and healthcare sponsors. Through our 140k unique healthcare provider relationships, PatientPoint’s solutions impact roughly 750 million patient visits each year, further advancing our mission of making every doctor-patient engagement better®.
PatientPoint is looking for a forward-thinking, self-directed, writer/editor to join our Cincinnati, Ohio-based Creative team. As a full-time, Sr. Editor for our interactive touchscreen programs, you’ll enjoy coming up with new, engaging content that inspires patients to take an active role in their health. You’ll also like digging into the details of complex medical information to find ways to simplify it for our layperson audience. You’re organized, not afraid to pave new paths forward, and comfortable working as part of a collaborative, diverse, and dedicated multi-location team.
- Content planning. You’ll help choose and develop content for new programs (specialties), while also coming up with ideas to refresh and update content in our existing programs. Duties include partnering with other editors to develop an editorial calendar, selecting content from partners, and coming up with new forms of content to increase engagement.
- Content development and execution. You’ll write new content, and fact-check and update existing content. You’ll also review drafts in copy and layout stages, and provide feedback to designers to help create engaging and patient-friendly user experiences.
- Content publishing. You’ll upload, format, and tag final content into our content management system when it’s ready to be deployed.
- Develop a strong foundational knowledge of health literacy and plain language practices, and stay up to date on trends in UX writing and content creation.
- Contribute to the workload of the print product team as needed (writing, fact-checking, editing, proofreading).
- Work with internal Research & Analytics team when we conduct patient and physician research/user testing to provide Creative input.
- Collaborate with the team to brainstorm new ways to increase engagement, and test and implement new ideas when we’re able to.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or related field with 5+ years applicable professional experience
- Knowledge and experience writing or editing different forms of content (print, video, web, etc.)
- Prior writing and editing experience in consumer publication setting, preferably with healthcare experience
- A high level of writing skill, including creativity plus grammar and style
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects at one time and quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Confident leader learns quickly, fosters a personal commitment to high-quality work
- Ability to work and communicate effectively across different teams in different locations
This is an excellent opportunity and includes a competitive pay and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance as well as 401(k) retirement plan with matching company contribution, paid time off, and holidays. No relocation is available.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V