Offered Salary Competitive
Title: Senior Data Engineer (Data Platform)
Location: United States (Remote)
Senior Data Platform Engineer
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most – their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our sales organization.
You are an experienced Platform Engineer that is open to work remotely. Your expertise will help us continue to innovate and manage complexity as we (and our data) grow in size, feature depth and across data centers. Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We’re enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Cool Things You’ll Do
- Create an automated, state of the art, data platform for various job types and sizes
- Help stabilize a standard deployment pattern that will enable us to grow our data platform service capabilities for the company
- Close collaboration with the wider engineering team to both deliver platform improvements and provide subject-matter-expertise for other technology initiatives
- Continuous improvements to our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, deploying and communication
What You Bring to the Table
- Knowledge of large-scale platforms and the design of scalable, robust services in the real world, especially for data transfers and manipulations (both streaming and batch).
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- Experience with a variety of data store types, tech stacks, and the tradeoffs between them.
- Experience with scripting the creation of dynamic platform infrastructures hosted by one or more cloud providers such as Google or AWS.
- Desire to work on a new project and participate in the design and documentation activities related to the creation of new infrastructure.
Bonus Points for
- Strong experience in Python
- Automating infrastructure with kubernetes
- Scheduling ETLs using Airflow
- Exposure to frameworks such as Django
- Experience working on new greenfield projects
- Experience supporting data scientists and analysts through PaaS
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your work-outs and a whole suite of paid apps for mental as well as physical health and wellbeing
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law. Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.