Offered Salary Competitive
Senior Corporate Paralegal
Remote (United States)
*This is a remote position*
- Cerebral is a one-stop shop for high-quality mental health care.
- Since launching in January 2020, we have gone from 5 people in an off brand WeWork to over 2,000 team members across the United States working hand in hand to transform access to high-quality mental health care at scale.
- Our team will not stop building, growing, and iterating until everyone, everywhere can access high-quality mental health care without the high cost, wait times, and stigma.
- We recently became the fastest mental health company ever to unicorn status, having raised over $162 million and achieved a valuation above $1.2 billion.
- Cerebral’s investors include Silver Lake, Access Industries, Bill Ackman, Chris Burch, WestCap, and Oak HC/FT.
- It is just the beginning for Cerebral, and we need your help as we transform access to high-quality mental health care in the United States and beyond.
- Do you have a strong paralegal background, and want to use that expertise to advise a fast-growing business on emerging legal issues?
- Are you creative and like to think on your feet? Do you want to shape the future of the mental health telemedicine industry?
- If so, then this role is for you. As our Corporate Paralegal, you will work with some of the most innovative legal, growth, marketing, operations, and product teams out there.
- You will be responsible for managing corporate and commercial contract processes and assisting Cerebral’s legal team in a variety of complex corporate and commercial transactions.
The successful Corporate Paralegal will:
- Manage and maintain Cerebral’s corporate document portfolio, legal entity structure, legal entity registration requirements, IP portfolio, contracts, corporate databases, and equity administration
- Establish internal corporate processes
- Assist attorneys in an array of corporate and commercial transactions, from preparation to closing
- Draft a variety of corporate documents, including inter-company agreements, confidentiality agreements, incorporation documents, shareholder and board resolutions, meeting minutes, officer certificates, powers of attorney and employment/equity documents
- Collaborate with and manage outside counsels and outside vendors in various legal matters
- Provide legal support to and work with internal teams on a variety of legal matters
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7+ years of corporate paralegal experience at a law firm or in-house at a technology company or venture capital-backed company
- Corporate and contracts experience, including entity formation and maintenance, contracts review, drafting, and negotiation, and corporate governance practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate
- Solid understanding of stock administration for employees and investors, with experience using Carta a plus
- Problem-solver who can think creatively and practically to build and streamline internal legal processes
- Independent thinker who is comfortable making judgment calls, spotting issues, and escalating to the team when necessary
- Outstanding writing, research, negotiating, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Attention to detail and a drive to get to the bottom of things is a must.
- Adept at technical tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and document sharing and e-signing tools. Experience with G-Suite a plus.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact
- Teamwork mentality and enthusiasm to help others
- Top-quality healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Remote friendly (only remote!)
- Monthly happy hours
- Unlimited PTO policy