Offered Salary Competitive
Senior Copy Writer
The Senior Copy Writer will have demonstrated success as a seasoned copywriter at a high altitude of strategic thinking; a depth and range of experience and storytelling with the ability to distill complex information into compelling and engaging content and messaging. This candidate will champion best-in-class copy, raising the level of the work, bringing strong conceptual and executional chops to the table.
You understand the value as an output focused, dynamic craft essential to brand and business strategy as well as overall creative. Compelling copy is more important than ever, with modern touchpoints relying solely on this craft. You understand the principles and impact that voice, tone, and experience can be applied to everything you do.
You will be working with the Global Creative Director and head of Brand Strategy to apply strategic, conceptual and creative skills to everything we do.
- Ability to think big, think strategically, and write brilliantly
- Be a master storyteller who loves your craft and the process to achieve it
- Thrive working independently or in creative partnership with equal measure
- Shape and help lead copy deliverables across touchpoints and channels.
- Help define point of views on messaging themes and other deliverables.
- Ability to write strategically across all mediums, audiences and touchpoints.
- Be confident and action oriented enough to drive your own work while also helping direct other copy and creative when appropriate.
- Support an authentic and collaborative partnership with partners across the company.
- Collaborate across disciplines with a strong understanding that Copywriting does not exist on its own but rather holistically within a creative practice.
- Understanding the basics of story arcs as well as helping to define them not just within campaign work, but also through high level presentations.
- Be a champion for all creative work, helping those around us understand why what we do is invaluable.
- Ability to quickly develop conceptual directions while not being too precious about your work.
- Ability to welcome and appreciate direct feedback.
- Support and contribute to the understanding and development of Copywriting as an ever-evolving practice.
- Demonstrate understanding of how to shift writing depending on audience, touchpoint and channel.
- Participate in activities related to evaluating, restructuring, and deploying content to meet established partner goals.
- Consistently look at brand and omni-channel storytelling through a broader lens across eco systems, business goals, and platforms.
- Help articulate overall verbal vision, elevate strategic thought, and define multi-channel strategy.
- Help create briefs.
- Help carry positive in-house studio culture both within the studio as well as outside of it.
- Demonstrate and foster great collaborative attitudes.
- Brilliantly represent Copywriting as a clear and inclusive communicator.
- Succinctly articulate concept rationales.
- Find Verbal Design solutions together with a cross-disciplinary team which meet or exceed strategic objectives.
- Proven ability to not just work within – but thrive in – a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to context-switch easily and quickly.
- 10+years of professional experience in the Copywriting field within an agency or in-house studio preferred.
- An amazing online portfolio showcasing multiple types of projects and solutions, must include digital samples.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent creative writing and strategic thinking ability.
- A desire to learn more and contribute more– way more – outside of your area(s) of expertise.
- A background in branding or a desire to learn more about it.
- Demonstrated humility and strong sense of collaboration combined with optimism and an inventive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Solid presentation skills, understanding the importance of narrative.
- A drive to extract the beauty out of a problem.
- A tireless desire to learn driven by curiosity.
- Working knowledge of Keynote and Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of other languages, semiotics, or linguistics is a plus.
- Excitement about helping to shape big, industry-defining ideas.
- Emotional intelligence.