Offered Salary Competitive
Recruiter – Manufacturing
This can be a remote position; the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
GM is undergoing a major transformation, both in how we operate and in how we will influence the future of transportation. Our recruiting team is at the forefront of this work, emboldening our culture by seeking determined, creative individuals who will join our team to help move us forward and achieve our mission.
We are looking for a high-performing Recruiter who shares GM’s drive for excellence and our passion for extraordinary customer care and relationship building. Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of project management proficiency, critical thinking ability, and effective organizational skills to develop and execute sound recruiting strategies. Subject-matter expertise of applicable employment law is a requirement. Expert judgment, grace under pressure, and personal resilience are important qualities for success in this valuable role as recruiters personally source, interview, and onboard new hires for highly complex, moderate-volume jobs.
- Partner and actively build collaborative relationships with hiring leaders of assigned Manufacturing and Customer Care & Aftersales (CCA) facilities to understand Production and Warehouse hiring needs and strategic objectives
- Actively build hourly candidate pools to fill position openings according to plan, may be required to support Skilled Trade or Salaried Hiring
- Build relationships with Manufacturing & CCA HR to collaboratively build successful hiring strategies to include marketing campaigns utilizing social media
- As the subject matter expert, work with assigned functional area’s Human Resource/Labor Relation’s professionals and hiring leaders to develop desired recruiting strategies, source and screen qualified internal and external candidates, and professionally onboard new employees
- Attend appropriate HR and business function staff meetings and provide Recruiting updates
- Employ continuous improvement through consistent re-assessment of recruiting plans, methods, tools and processes
- Partner with assessment vendor to create and implement assessment strategy necessary to build appropriate candidate pool
- Partner with Diversity & Inclusion team to support hiring plans comprehending corporate hiring initiatives for diversity, gender, veterans, and those with disabilities
- Assist hiring leaders in developing appropriate job descriptions that will attract a well-defined candidate pool
- Understand the external factors that impact the supply of top talent, GM’s bold position, salary level structure, candidate supply, and candidate requirements for various job categories
- Train hiring leaders in the interviewing and onboarding processes
- Communicate with HR and hiring leaders on candidate and new employee needs throughout the interviewing and onboarding process
- Partner with Talent Insights and Recruitment Marketing to meet performance metrics
Additional Job Description
- Minimum 2 years of recruiting experience in Hourly/Skilled Trades recruiting
- Customer service experience
- Undergraduate degree or relevant recruiting experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships
- Champion collaborator and partner
- Willingness to provide strategic perspective, take intelligent risks and act as a champion of change
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
- Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving, sound communication skills
- Experience with Workday
- The median level of salary compensation for this role is $88,667.
- An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more