Offered Salary Competitive
You’re an awesome Product Owner who is passionate about solving users’ problems with simple efficient problems. You’re collaborative and excellent at both written and verbal communication. You enjoy working in teams and have no problem coordinating people across the different departments to create beautiful product.
You are a highly reliable individual able to work independently as well as with other. You’re pleasant to be around with positive energy and a can-do attitude. You ideally come from a Scrum background and are used to working closely with 1 or 2 small development teams.
Importantly, you care about your work and the people you interact with on a daily basis – in short, you love what you do.
About the role
We are looking to create a product that solves the users’ problems, which is delightfully simple to use, which ultimately drives business goals and product growth. Car & Classic have incredibly ambitious growth plans over the next 18 months and this role will be pivotal in making this happen.
You’ll be reporting to the Head of Product and interacting with team across the company from business development and support, to finance and marketing with the sole aim of creating better product.
We’re at the early stage of reviewing our entire product portfolio and this role is going to be a unique opportunity to grow as the company scales.
About us www.carandclassic.co.uk
Car & Classic is Europe’s largest specialist vehicle website with 3.8 million unique visitors per month. We have been working tirelessly to improve the experience for all, and our platform is trusted and loved by many.
We have an extraordinary team of car enthusiasts, designers, technologists, and operators, all we are missing is you!
Our aim is to build the largest marketplace for classic and specialist vehicles globally. Our journey is still only getting started and now is your ideal chance to join us as we expand our products and services globally.
Role and responsibilities
Role and responsibilities
You’ll be working with 1-2 development teams to own one or more of the core C&C products. You’ll be overseeing and coordinating everything who contributes to your area of the product and will be responsible for feeding back to the Head of Product on updates on your department.
You’ll be in charge of measuring impact of product changes and directing people and resources as needed to achieve our ambitious product goals. You’ll be writing product specifications and user stories; you’ll analyse and interpret user & business needs into detailed tasks and requirements to deliver company-level objectives.
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Salary range: £37,000 – £45,000 (depending on experience)
- All the equipment you need to get the job done
- The ability to work where and when you want in order to get the job done
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill
- Professional development allowance
- Company paid team retreats
- Generous parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and any period of closure over Christmas also paid
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up that is disrupting a huge industry.
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
- Owning and managing a backlog – feature prioritisation, grooming and sprint readiness preparation
- Data-driven approach – being fluent in creating and using metrics in your decision making and success tracking is key.
- Able to work closely with technical teams and senior managers alike, you are used to acting as the lynchpin that brings together the different teams in order to get a product delivered.
- Able to analyse 3rd party software against requirements that will support our product and make sensible recommendations – and project plan through to delivery
- Proven commercial knowledge – ideally in marketplace or eCommerce industries across multiple platforms and digital channels
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Ruthlessly self-organised, driven and a doer, you are known as being reliable at shipping product!
- People enjoy working with you, as you get things done, and elevate the offering through a combination of skill, energy and will.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with the product owner, engineering team, content and design
- Obsession with users – who they are and how they use the product – to create the best experience for them through awesome delivery
- Ability to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to define and implement the experience
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- A knowledge or passion for cars (it's really ok if that's not your thing)
- Roadmap planning, product discovery and feeding into product strategy
- Business Analysis background or Scrum PO certification
Our application process
We want to make sure we hire the best available talent! We had a fantastic 2020 with all of our hires hitting the ground running. We are excited to do the same in 2021.
Every role is crucial to us at this stage of our growth. We are improving and evolving our recruitment and application process on a monthly basis. We are trying to remove any bias from our recruitment process, this is an on-going issue in the recruitment function for companies of all sizes.
To help achieve this we have refined our application form that you will find when you click 'Apply for this job'. The answers to the questions are the difference between your application being progressed or not so please do give them your time and effort when answering. The first thing our Talent Partner will review is these questions (we may not even need to review your CV depending on your answers).
Good luck with your application and thank you in advance for your interest in joining us at Car & Classic.