Offered Salary Competitive
Title: People & Culture Coordinator
Location: Remote, USA
About the Team
The People and Culture team is committed to creating a fulfilling and inspiring place to work for all of the people who deliver that client experience – specifically our Styling team. We pride ourselves on creating a fun and collaborative virtual environment where we solve problems together. We are looking for bright, and kind individuals who are motivated by challenge to join our team.
About the Role
The People and Culture team is looking for a creative, resourceful, and organized People & Culture (“P & C”) Coordinator to join the Styling Team. This role will serve as the “go-to” resource for Stylists and leaders for P&C related questions and concerns. Our P&C team works collaboratively and is known for solving problems and finding solutions allowing others to do what they do best! You will join a team of bright, kind, and goal-oriented problem solvers who are deeply connected to, and have a big impact on the people and culture of Stitch Fix.You’ll report to the P&C Business Partner, Manager.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own the Styling-P&C inbox and act as the point of contact for employees and leaders seeking information on People and Culture processes and redirect as needed
- Support Styling Team Leads in managing Tier 1 and 2 employee relations, performance management matters, and risk assessment
- Support the employee lifecycle, including onboarding, departures and everything in between.
- Create an environment of I’m here to help! and Let’s find out together to assist employees with day-to-day questions
- Identify, provide feedback and problem solve P&C process efficiencies
- Flexibly jump in and help with different People and Culture and Business initiatives that engage and inspire our people
- Create and update communication vehicles (The Thread, Slack, and Email templates) and help keep employees connected to Stitch Fix, our Clients, and our Mission & Values
- Support our employees in navigating personal concerns using our benefits including LOA, Worker’s Compensation and Employee Assistance Program
We get excited about candidates who…
- Are bright, kind and motivated by challenge
- Have a high level of confidentiality and sense of integrity
- Have a passion for the employee experience and are committed to providing a high level of service to all employees and leaders
- Are natural problem solvers, using sound judgment to creatively remove obstacles and can work independently
- Are expert jugglers who are able to ruthlessly prioritize tasks
- Have top notch organization skills and a strong attention to detail to develop and execute plans.
- Adapt and adjust plans, as needed, using internal and external inputs
- Have experience with Excel and Google Docs
- Have strong communication skills (verbally as well as through email) and an eye for opportunities to streamline communication
- 2+ years of HR or transferrable experience working on nuanced employee relations matters that require individual judgement and critical thinking; Bachelor or Associate degree a plus