Offered Salary Competitive
At Klaviyo, we’re in the business of supporting and growing some of the best emerging and established eCommerce brands out there, and we’re looking for a full-time Lead Editor who is up for the challenge of bringing our voice to life.
Lead Editor can mean different things to different people. Here’s what it means at Klaviyo. You’ll be an editor (and sometimes writer) on our Creative Team. From white papers to blog articles, interview scripts to investor decks, you’ll be responsible for editingand leadinglong-form SEO and thought leadership content that showcases our product and celebrates our customers. You have a flair for language, are obsessed with grammar and punctuation, and are skilled at applying editorial and brand guidelines to content development and review. You edit for tone and personality (and no one would ever call your edits boring).
You’re also naturally detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple tasks, like working with your team of writers, collaborating with project managers and strategists, fact checking technical information, making final adjustments to content, and serving as a subject matter expert on editorial style questions. Oh, and you also love mentoring and managing. This role will have 2-3 direct reports, to start.
How you will make a difference
At Klaviyo, we create products that solve problems for entrepreneurs, business owners, and marketing directors, alike. Our goal is to help brands connect with their customers, acquire new ones, and use Customer-First Data to create amazing experiences. We work hard to empower brands and speed their path to success. So if you enjoy tackling challenges head on, love the Chicago style guide, are passionate about finding the heart of the story in topics others might find technical or complex, and enjoy helping other writers learn and grow (all while staying mindful of a tight production workflow), then this role is for you.
Who you are
- Grammar expert
- Tight writer
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Advanced knowledge of SEO/UX best practices
- Advanced background in research
- A solid knowledge of best practices for crafting white papers and case studies
- Part-time strategist. (Notice it doesn’t say strategic thinker. Of course you’re a strategic thinker, but Klaviyo writers connect all of their content back to strategy. And if for some reason there isn’t a strategy to be found, they’re quick to get the right people in the room to make it happen.)
- Accustomed to working with legal/compliance teams to review content
- Adept at taking ambiguous problems, deciphering the ask, and translating the challenge into easy-to-understand content
- A mentor/manager who can inspire and motivate the 2-3 writers on your team
- Proponent of radical candor and champion of positive team culture
- 10+ years of relevant writing/editing experience in a creative, editorial, or marketing environment
- 2+ years of relevant technical writing/editing experience, preferably in either Tech or a B2B environment
- A deep love of the Oxford comma (happy to support those in transition)
Please provide a PDF of relevant work samples or web link to a portfolio. These can be in the form of mark-ups/redlines. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.