Offered Salary Competitive
Director of Virtual Support
Category: Customer Service
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
At VCA, we are striving toward elevating client experiences while advancing standards in pet care. In pursuit of that goal, we are committed to evolving the care and support we provide to clients. That includes evolving the level of support we provide to our clients (pet owners) and patients (pets) outside the hospital and elevating our client communication strategy to help our clients feel valued and supported and providing them support for their pet’s care where and when they need it most.
As the Director of Virtual Support, you will help to usher in the evolution of VCA’s virtual communications strategy, enabling stronger support of clients (pet owners) and care of patients (pets) outside the hospital. We are looking for someone with a passion for pet care, client experience, technology, innovation, and virtual care / telehealth, who would be excited to evolve the client experience for one of the world’s largest and most innovative pet care brands.
The Director of Virtual Support will directly manage the design, rollout, and daily operations of VCA’s virtual teams and capabilities. Specifically, the Director will act in a senior role to oversee the management of two virtual teams:
- Our Virtual Care team – our team of in-house, licensed Veterinary Technicians who field messages / chats directly from clients seeking medical advice for their pet’s care, 24/7, through the myVCA mobile app.
- Our Virtual Support team – our team of virtual Customer Service Representatives who accept calls from, and place calls to, new and prospective clients needing to book appointments for their pets at a VCA hospital.
We are looking for someone who believes in the power of teamwork and the importance of team leadership, and who will take accountability for their team’s results. Someone with a growth mindset who is excited about stretching their career and taking it to the next level as an innovative, forward-looking leader. Someone who is willing to take risks to accomplish more than has been done before to advance veterinary care and client experiences.
This position is a remote, work from home position.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Essential Responsibility/Task (All based on state practice act and under supervision)
- Plan the forward-looking buildout and strategy for VCA’s virtual capabilities, working with other members of the VCA leadership team and external technology vendors to establish project plans and oversee the execution of new innovations.
- Directly manage the Manager of Virtual Care, who manages the day-to-day operations of VCA’s Virtual Care Team. Assist with team management, client experience quality measurement and assurance, and budgeting.
- Design and directly manage VCA’s Virtual Support team, which includes managing daily operations, developing call center strategies, team onboarding and training, scheduling, technology system management, and working directly with outside vendors to equip the team for success. Later, build out a management structure for the Virtual Support team as our pilot expands.
- Work directly with VCA’s Digital Client Experience team to design new technology solutions and tools that equip VCA’s virtual teams, and clients, for success.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned
- 7+ years’ experience, ideally in veterinary or human medicine/healthcare
- Intermediate technology skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Business acumen and comfort applying data-driven leadership to improve collective performance
- Understanding of client experience measurement
- Prior experience managing a P&L, budgeting, and forecasting
- Experience creating new processes and modifying existing processes to meet business needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing complex, multi-stage projects
- Ability to work across teams and keep other teams / stakeholders feeling informed and all rowing in the same direction
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to quickly develop product concepts, with a focus on continuous improvement