Offered Salary Competitive
Remote Director of Customer Success
- Scottsdale, AZ – US Remote OK
- Customer Success
About This Role
Hello, prospective pickle! We are looking for an amazing Director of Customer Success to join our team and help engage and grow our customers throughout their Design Pickle journey. The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader and operator and possess a commitment to delivering the best possible customer experiences to drive adoption, growth, and advocacy. Based on the evolving needs of our customers, you will partner with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams to develop better solutions, tools, and services to improve our products and enhance our customer experience.
It is the Customer Success team’s job to ensure our customers get the best Return on Investment from their investments with Design Pickle and we remain committed to being a trusted creative partner for our customers. If you have ever wanted to make a significant contribution and help shape the trajectory of a startup, this role is for you!
- Reports to: Vice President of Product and Technology
- On a daily basis, works closely with Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Executive Leadership
- Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We’re a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world. Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don’t stress if pickles aren’t your thing. It’s not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees’ uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today. We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we’re looking for individuals who have…
- Passion for our purpose: To be the most helpful creative company in the world.
- 8+ years of customer-facing experience in account management, technical or business consulting, customer success or customer support.
- 4+ years of experience leading and growing customer-facing teams.
- Proven ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives, and track successful delivery.
- Experience leading global, distributed teams across cultures and geographies.
- Able to collaborate across organizations, teams, and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development, and improvement, problem-solving, communication, and planning.
- Experience creating a performance and metrics-focused culture.
- Invest and care about your team’s growth and success.
- Willingness to get into the weeds and delegate/manage other projects and initiatives.
Bonus Pickle Points:
- Experience in technology-enabled services or self-service software solutions.
- Knowledge of creative services market and competitive landscape.
- Multilingual in English and Spanish.
- Experience with CRM and Customer Success platforms.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing executive leadership.
- Flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Experience successfully working with executive leadership.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
As a fast-growing company, our roles are always evolving. However, we want you to know exactly what you’re walking into. In the first 90-days, here is a preview of what’s expected:
- Set the overall vision and strategic plan for the organization, focusing on driving product adoption, leading a positive customer experience, and driving growth through gross subscription renewals and net retention improvements.
- Build and lead a world-class team. Recruit and develop team members, develop company-wide customer success motion and integrate processes, content, and data to/from stakeholder teams (sales, marketing, product, engineering), identify key metrics, and implement practices to track the performance of teams and individuals.
- Manage day-to-day operations and culture of continuous improvement; deliver seamless support, address escalated client issues with speed and urgency, and optimize customer lifecycle by creating programs and initiatives to improve engagement and advocacy.
- Work closely with sales and marketing leaders to drive proactive retention strategies – educating and connecting customers to relevant information (e.g., forums, webinars, demos, etc.) to achieve product-use success and ensure customer satisfaction with Design Pickle products and services.
- Drive account growth and expand revenue in accounts through new sales and up-sell opportunities with our product portfolio.
- Gather and analyze information to identify specific trends, document best practices, and create business requirement documents to influence product development and future lifetime value.
- Introduce and evolve our Customer Success methods and processes that consistently raise the bar on quality and execution of customer experiences and Design Pickle operations.
- Foster a strong, collaborative Customer Success organization with a deep sense of commitment towards our customers; build a culture where team members grow in their careers.
Benefits, Compensation, and Perks
- Uncapped PTO: Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.
- Major medical healthcare: We offer major medical plans through United Healthcare which is managed seamlessly through EmployeeNavigator.
- Dental and vision insurance: We work with Ameritas for ancillary coverage.
- Remote-work flexibility: More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country.
- World-class Company Hub: More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our Company Hub is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, a merch wall, and a cold plunge! ….yes, we said a cold plunge.
- In-office gym: Our Company Hub also has a small CrossFit-style gym available for any pickles to use!
- New parent leave: Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary.
- Paid training and personal development: We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers.
- Stock option potential: We give our tenured staff a stake in what we’re building here.
- Life-changing massage chair: We change lives through creativity…and massages. Our team has traveled far and wide to take advantage of a life-changing massage chair that is housed in our Company Hub. One massage is all it will take to radically transform your life.
- Pet insurance: Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures.
- Team retreats, social events, and adventures: Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff.