Offered Salary Competitive
Corporate Communications Associate Manager, HR
In partnership with Corporate Communications and HR leaders, you’ll develop communications strategies that engage and inspire General Mills employees around the world. The position will report to the Senior Manager of Corporate and HR Communications, with significant interaction with HR leaders who need to communicate with large numbers of employees. In addition, you will take the lead on owning General Mills’ Diversity & Inclusion communications strategy and partnering with our Senior Director of Diversity & Inclusion on internal communications and events to build pride and confidence in General Mills’ culture of inclusion and belonging and advance our racial equity commitments.
- Support strategy, planning and execution of employee/internal HR communications, with leadership responsibility for Diversity & Inclusion and HR function communications.
- Partner with global function, HR Centers of Excellence, and project teams to deliver effective communications for annual processes, along with key projects or functional needs.
- Develop messaging for project-based and regular, ongoing communications that are easy to understand by employees at various levels.
- Coordinate programs and activities across the internal communications team, as well as working with other areas within corporate communications.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-8 years’ experience in communications
- Excellent writing skills, including experience with writing for email, newsletters, speeches, websites, news articles, etc.
- Strong strategic consulting skills; ability to clearly and persuasively communicate ideas & plans
- Comfortable and confident in working with executive-level leaders
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working on Diversity & Inclusion communications initiatives, or a passion for this topic.
- Experience in a large, matrixed corporate setting.
- Experience working with multimedia projects (like video).
- Comfort with learning new tools and software to support communications activities.
- A self-starter who is solution-oriented with a strong bias for action; enjoys learning and trying new things.
- Impeccable attention to detail; you know doing the little things right matters.
- International relocation or international remote working arrangements (outside of the US) will not be considered.
- The location for this role is Minneapolis, MN however remote work-at-home applications within the United States will be considered.