Offered Salary Competitive
Location: United States (Remote)
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where digital experience starts and matters most – their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 200,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education and NGO, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our engineering team. That’s where you come in.
Engineering at Pantheon operates in small mission-focused teams that are tasked with large business problems and armed with a fully capable set of engineering skills. They dig in, understand the problem and find the optimal path to success. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute at all levels of the stack — and we mean the kernel tweaking to feature design kind of full-stack.
We’ve got depth and breadth across the technologies we use to run the Pantheon platform at scale. You’ll have many opportunities to pick up and apply new skills and gain professional experience with some of our existing use of Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, React, Node.js, Python, Golang, C, Chef, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, and more.
You delight in the critical role you are able to play in making rapid product innovations possible, stabilizing services, and driving the architecture shifts that unlock our ability to scale teams.
At Pantheon, we build our apps using reliable frameworks and tools that we know and trust including Golang, MySQL, step functions, a CI pipeline, and a cloud-native container-based infrastructure orchestrated with Kubernetes. If you have fluency in these technologies, it is a plus, but we have also benefited from diverse experiences. We are in the process of moving our services to Graphql and would be thrilled to know if you have production experience with that technology.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. Within Pantheon engineering, we value collaboration, quirkiness, autonomy, and a non-blame culture. We’re enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What you will do
- Collaborate with multiple skill sets and disciplines to design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and gateways that underlay our customers’ experience
- Work with engineers from multiple teams to continue our investment in improving our service architecture
- Own your team’s production systems, measure and track their health, and assist our dedicated support team to resolve production issues
- Mentor other engineers and provide thoughtful feedback
What you bring to the table
- You enjoy and have experience with web applications and APIs.
- You can contribute to technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
- You are a clear communicator, able to represent your contributions and ideas with clarity while remaining open to the contributions and ideas of others.
- Take pride in what you can do as part of a team.
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.