Offered Salary Competitive
Android Engineer, Physical & Digital Safety
Location: Remote, USA
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
Life360 is on a mission to bring families closer and that starts with ensuring that loved ones are safe and secure. That’s why millions of families across 140 countries trust Life360 to keep them connected each day, and in life’s unpredictable moments.
From real-time location sharing and notifications, to driving safety features like Crash Detection and Roadside Assistance, we create tools that remove uncertainty from modern life so families can feel free, together.
What You’ll Do
- Build and use reusable tools and infrastructure to improve developer velocity
- Building a future proof dynamic event streaming architecture
- Explore and implement solutions around power savings
- Participate in the interview process to help us hire great talent
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of Android development experience
- Experience working on a commercial app (presently found on the app store)
- Passionate for technology and never-ending curiosity about the new features in Android
- Comfortable with multiple areas of the Android SDK
- Experience developing location-based services
- Experience with multiple mobile platforms
- Experience working with Git
Bonus Points for
- Experience with RxJava or other functional programming paradigms
- Experience with Uber RIBs or other mobile UI design patterns (MVP, MVVM, VIPER)
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental wellness.
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Build A High Performing Team- Communicate Directly, Be a Good Person
- Make Things Happen- Take Ownership, Think Long Term
- Deliver an Exceptional Experience- Users Come First, Quality & Craftsmanship
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Since the majority of our staff is located on the US West Coast, our primary working hours will be 9-4pm PST